Honorary Board of Advisor- CN Banking
Experience of more than 24 years in the banking sector in areas encompassing banking regulatory policy and supervision, risk assessment, financial stability assessment, corporate advisory, commercial banking, project finance and economic research.
For the last 12 years with Central Bank of Bahrain, a leading financial sector regulator in the Middle East, overseeing banking, insurance and capital market institutions, advising the Director of Retail Banking Supervision in the The job entails:-
-Advising on banking regulation and supervision, consumer protection,implementing guidelines from Basel Committee, Financial Stability Board and other international regulatory bodies. Reviewing implementation of IFRS 9
– Provide advise and support to the Executive Director of Banking Supervision on specific projects and assignments including regulatory policy
– Supporting the FSAP Assessment
-As part of banks assessment, undertake review of corporate governance, ICAAP, risk management and compliance, internal controls, financial analysis.
-Devising the Directorate’s supervisory strategy
– undertaking onsite inspection of individual bank.
– Member of the selection panel for “fit and proper” assessments for controlling position in banks.
The major achievements include enhancing the quality of banks offsite/onsite review and analysis, developing a risk profiling methodology for risk assessments of banks and setting up high standards of reporting. Another landmark was devising the micro finance approach and regulations .
Experience in IFCI covered
– Project Finance, Corporate Advisory Services , Planning and strategy making .
– Successfully devised risk management framework for IFCI including an internal rating model .
Exposure in Canara Bank covered commercial banking and economic research.
Specialties: Drafting of regulatory policy, Banking Supervision and Regulation, Risk Management, Financial Stability Assessment, Risk profiling and Risk Assessment of banks